Wednesday, 23 November 2011

November 23 Update

Today was a free day, but started with a visit to the temple mount. Then, 11 of us, the SR, went for a visit to Hezekiah's tunnel, with water sometimes 3 feet deep and ceiling sometimes 4.5 feet high...so much fun! Rather amazing to stop midway through the tunnel, turn off all the lights, and sing 'Hallelujah'. We also got to hear a ringing rendition of 'Shabbat Shalom'--I definitely have the 2 words to that song memorized--now I just need to finish memorizing the melody... I got to walk along the old city wall today! "Walk about Zion, go around her, number her towers, consider well her ramparts, go through her citadels, that you may tell the next generation that this is God, our God forever and ever. He will guide us forever (beyond death)." (Psalm 48:12-14) Today I got to follow the first part of this verse; someday the next part...




Yesterday (November 22nd) we went to Bethlehem in the morning, which was an interesting experience, to say the least. It was good to say we've gone, but there was no cave or even a manger--I think Bethlehem was easier to visualize in Megiddo--which is ironic--but it's because there were some mangers there. Did you know that Jesus' manger was very likely made of hollowed-out stone?

We also saw the only gate of old Jerusalem that is closed, but will open for Jesus when He returns on the Mount of Olives (SO Exciting!). Come Lord Jesus Come.

Men in White in front of the Eastern Gate
And the Garden Tomb, where Jesus may have been buried--I think I agree with Joel that this is likely the spot. The tomb is indeed empty! He is alive, church! Rejoice in your risen Saviour, your soon and coming King!
Place of the Skull
The tomb is empty! He is alive!

Please pray for health-some of the team have been feeling sick.
Pray for salvation of the man Dale talked to today.
Pray for a safe journey home as we leave in a day and a half.
Pray for God to wrap up this journey with teaching us more and making it so clear what is next after this for all of us.

Toda (Hebrew), Shokran (Arabic), Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment